Saturday, January 15, 2005

Good Old Days

My Daughter is 11 on Monday.

I told her that yes she would indeed have to clean her room before she could have a party but after only 2 out of the 15 people she invited called to RSPV I figure its punishment enough and her room is still.. yukky and we are going to see spongebob squarepants (the movie) and eat KFC. oh joy!

The life of a ten-nearly eleven year old seems so simple, Not nearly as complex as the life of a 30-something too much weight carrying. che-guevara tshirt wearing, leftover fruity-lexia drinking "on special" pate eating stressed out Individual such as myself. Anyway, i digress.

When I was 10 I was into Blondie and Rocky Horror and Adam Ant (Oh was I into Adam Ant, Seeing Adam and the Ants was the first concert I ever went to, at the now defunct and flattened Apollo Stadium in Adelaide) If I wint hte lottery I will go see Blondie in a couple of weeks, One Hundred and thirty somethign dollars ? fark, sitting down ? FARK what has gone wrong. I am digressing ,again.

For my 10th Birthday I wanted to go ice skating and my (incredibly poor) mother took me and ten "friends" to the local ice arena. Unfortunately I was not the most popular girl in school, (unless I was having ice skating parties), and spent most of the day alone wishing I could be normal (POP-U-LAR)

I asked mum for a hot chocolate and she said "no", for years I thought that was a pretty heartless thing to do as I was obviously pretty fucking miserable and in need of comforting but I suppose when you have no money and have managed (somehow) to pay for 11 kids to go ice skating, whether they like your child or not, if you aint got the hot chocolate money you aint got it.

I try to always have the hot chocolate money, even if I don't have the cash to take 11 kids ice-skating.

Or see Blondie.


No comments: