Wednesday, January 06, 2016

Gates and Doors and Hearts on floors

The key, to my house
sat snugly in my purse, burning a hole in the folds,
hot with promise, and fear.
as you burned your way in to me
fierce, steady heat
you cut through my layers like a hot knife through butter
never before has a touch been able to set me on fire so
and soothe me
I rose, and I fell, into you
I saw myself through your eyes, your words, your touch
and fell in love. with me.
i could no longer tell where i stopped and you started
i breathed you in, i fell, i fell, oh how I fell
but it felt
like flying
and i felt\
for the first time, that I was home, that you were home,. for me.
and whats mine, could have be ours
and that maybe, I could love again, and be loved in return
torn, tissue paper and dust, helpless beneath your fingertips
I gave it all over
but i misread,.. something
everything.
and just as you appeared, you were gone
and my flesh burns
hot with the ignition of your touch it smoulders still
but the key to my house still sits snugly in my purse,
now cold, bitter and hard with indifference and redundancy


No comments: